Monday, June 15, 2009

Outlaw Days

The Richfield Outlaw Days was held on Saturday and it was definitely a very wet and interesting day!! I have never in all of my life seen it so wet at Outlaw Days! Usually we are dying of heat stroke!! We actually cancelled most of the arena events because it was raining too hard and the arena was just too muddy! Although the events that we did do were quite comical because of all of the mud! The kids had a blast during the calf riding falling of into the mud.

Mason decided that morning that he wanted to run the barrels, something that he has never done before! My mom and showed him the pattern on a piece of paper and then had him show us a couple of times how he would run it and then that afternoon for the first time Mason ran the barrels on my brother's horse! He had an absolute blast and can't wait to do it again! It was raining so hard while he was running them, but he didn't care he was having fun! I was so proud of him, he handle the horse so well and acted like he had done it a million times instead of it being his first time ever!!

Jose and I stayed busy helping make sure that everything ran smoothly. Jose helped time the events and I helped take entries, plus then we both went out into the muddy arena to run the kids events. Jose and I didn't even go out for the night festivites though. We were way too tired both Friday night and Saturday night.

Saturday was also my 30th birthday. I can't believe that I have turned 30!! It doesn't seem like it should be real, but yet I don't think that I should have a son that is going to be 7 and going into 1st grade either!!! I am getting really old and I don't like it!!!

Mason heading for the first barrel!

Rounding the first barrel

Rounding the second barrel

Rounding the third barrel and heading home!

Crossing the finish line!!!

My brother Brandon throwing his heel loop


My friend's son Nathaniel riding his calf!
I didn't realize just how close I was until I almost got ran over!!







1 comment:

Shanae said...

Lacey,
Thank you so much for your comment!!! I will definitely ask him if that is what I have. Are you still a candidate for lasik with an eye ulcer? That kind of sounds like what I might have. As soon as I put in the steriod eye drops it totally relieves it. Does your vision go in and out of focus, like have a blur to it?

Thanks again for the comment
Shanae
btw I love horses, and rodeo, how fun!!!!